- Get regular exercise. Studies show that non-exercisers have higher rates of insomnia than exercisers. Non-exercisers have cured insomnia through taking up a regular exercise program.
- Getting half an hour minimum of sunlight a day will help you sleep.
- Do several minutes of light stretching before going to bed.
- A twenty-minute walk after dinner followed by a hot bath or shower before bed is an excellent relaxation method.
- If there is light or noise coming into your bedroom, you may want to try an eye pillow and earmuffs.
- Poor functioning or unhealthy habits in other areas – a bad diet, insufficient exercise, poor hydration and oxygenation, overwork, and more -can cause or contribute to insomnia.
Grauds, C. & Childers, D. 2005. The Energy Prescription. New York, N.Y.: Bantam Books. (p.191-192)