- Wrap foods well in plastic wrap or in airtight containers.
- Keep cold foods cold by using a cooler, ice, and ice packs.
- Put meats on the bottom of the cooler to prevent drips onto other foods.
- Take two coolers, one for perishable foods and one for beverages.
- Pack coolers until full…they will stay colder.
- Keep cooler out of the sunlight.
- Bring disposable hand wipes or waterless hand-cleaning gel to clean hands before and after cooking.
Source: Guide to Better Digestion, 2003, by Leslie Bonci