Natural remedies will not preclude the need for the care of a cardiologist. You should follow your doctor’s recommendations concerning your care, and don’t discontinue any medication without consulting your health care provider. The following measures are geared to work in conjunction with a supervised medical program.
- Coenzyme Q10: 30 to 60 mg three times a day
- Beta-carotene: in amounts of 10,000 IU daily
- Vitamin E: 400 IU daily
- Vitamin C: 1000 mg daily
- Selenium: 50 mcg daily
- Magnesium: 250 mg three times a day
- L-Carnitine: 250 mg three times a day
- Omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil: 1000 mg three times a day
- One baby aspirin (81 mg) daily
Giller, R. and Matthews, K. 1994. Natural Prescriptions. New York, N.Y.: Random House.