Taking chromium supplements may help:
- Lower insulin levels
- Lower triglycerides
- Raise good-type HDL cholesterol
- Discourage artery-clogging and heart disease
- Lower bad-type cholesterol
- Normalize blood sugar
- Reduce risk of adult-onset diabetes
- Thwart cancer growth
- Boost immune functioning
- Increase energy
- Increase lean body mass
- Rev up production of anti-aging hormone DHEA
- Extend life
Source: Stop Aging Now by Jean Carper (p.89)
Mars One is a nonprofit organization created by Bas Lansdorp and Arno Wielders. Their goal is to establish a permanent human settlement on Mars. According to the project’s website, astronaut training will begin next year. The first group of volunteers is set to depart in 2024.
- Follow prescription instructions.
- Take right before bed.
- Stay in bed.
- Remember effects last 7-8 hours.
- Don’t take it in the middle of the night. (The effects won’t have a chance to wear off before morning.)
- Never use the medication when you’ve been drinking alcohol.
David had an advantage over Goliath? Malcolm Gladwell talks with Anderson Cooper about the link between adversity and innovation.
“These oft-forgotten all-stars come packed with key nutrients we all need: protein, healthy fats, and essential fatty acids. Toss a handful of hempseeds into the blender when making a smoothie, sprinkle chia seeds or flaxseeds on top of oatmeal, or swap sunflower or pumpkin seeds wherever you usually use nuts.” (p. 121)
Funston, L. and Haak, E. (2014). Get Real! Oprah Magazine, 15(1), 118-123.
A plus-size model, a massage therapist and a former professional squash player agree you should love your body, even if you’re heavier than you’d like. They also encourage women to stop criticizing each other.
Do you see the glass half-empty or half-full? Or are you one of those people who see the glass cracked, with the water running all over the mahogany table and making a stain that will never come out? A negative attitude, a prolonged bad mood, even long periods of stress are bad for your health. Wounds heal more slowly, your resistance to colds and infections is poor, and when you do come down with something, it’s worse. Doctors say that even if you’re depressed, even if you have true, justifiable, irrefutable reasons to feel negative (and don’t we all, from time to time), you can change your mind…and start to heal physically, as well as mentally.
Here are some Chinese herbs and formulas said to help fibroids or their symptoms:
- Cinnamon and Hoelen F.: for painful fibroids or cramps
- Cinnamon and Persica: for fibroids
- Cinnamon and Bulrush C.: for fibroids or heavy bleeding
- Blue Citrus: for fibroids
- Yun Nan Bai Yao: to control bleeding
- Chih-ko and Curcuma C.: for fibroids and other tumors
Skilling, J. 2006. Fibroids: The Complete Guide to Taking Charge of Your Physical, Emotional and Sexual Well-Being. New York, N.Y.: Marlowe and Company. (p.159)